Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Come Tour My Apartment

Howdy!!! Sorry I have not posted in a while but its September so that means: school starting, moving apartments, and seeing friends I haven't seen in months! These are my last few months here in Aggieland and since my parents are the best parents on the face of the earth they allowed me to get a one bedroom for this semester! I have spent the last week packing, moving, and settling into my new humble abode.  I am absolutely in love with my apartment and am sad that I have to move out in December! But with that being said y'all are here to see what I have done with the place so here it is! 

Entry way:
 I made the mirror above and the rug on the ground.  The three hooks are 3M Command hooks that are metal (oil rubbed bronze).  Tutorial for the rug will come in the next few weeks. 



 Kitchen:


 Shelves made by Dad and myself for old apartment worked great here to hold some stuff I couldn't bring myself to pack and to hold my baking dishes.

 Made the Texas string art years ago and fit just perfectly here.
 Anyone who knows me knows I love to bake.  I needed more counter space and a place to put my Baby, the kitchen aid mixer I got last year for my birthday, which by the way is less than a month away!!! This rolling cart by walmart works perfectly in this space!
Traci do you see the rooster!!!!
Entering the living room: 
These crates use to be in my bedroom in my old apartment but I had no space for them in my new bedroom and my mother came up with the brilliant idea of rearranging them and putting them along this wall.  I am not too wild about the fact that everyone sees all my paint and stuff for crafting but hey when you move from a 800+ sq foot to a 600 sq foot apartment you got to do what you got to do!
I have been wanting an old ladder to hang my blankets on like the one in this picture for a while but being a college student its hard to pay what people are asking for one of them. So when I came across this tutorial I made one the next day! I am in love with it!
 Notice the picture frame on the top? My craftiness rubbed off on my old roommate and she used a creative way to ask two of our friends and myself to be her bridesmaids! So excited for her and her fiance!
 Notice the picture frame on the top? My craftiness rubbed off on my old roommate and she used a creative way to ask myself and two of our friends to be her bridesmaids! So excited for her and her fiance

Living Room: 
 My mother is amazing she helped me hang my cross collection we were able to hang almost all of them using 3M Command products so there was not wall damage when I move out. 
 I built this ottoman and there will be a blog post over it in the next week as to why to NEVER build one!


 Yes I know the legs are not stained or painted.  I am still trying to decide what to do.  Why don't y'all help me. Here are the options: stained (dark walnut), painted (white/cream) or weathered (stained dark walnut then painted and sanded). Comment below your votes!


 Bedroom: 





Thanks for checking out my new lovely home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment